Protecting Individuals.
Prioritizing Recovery.

What can I do if my workers’ compensation claim is denied?

On Behalf of | Aug 18, 2016 | workers' compensation

In our last post, we discussed what steps take after a workplace accident, from reporting it to your employer to filing your workers’ compensation claim form. But what happens if your claim is denied? What steps can you take to obtain the medical coverage and wage benefits you deserve?

After your claim is denied, you have the right to challenge the decision. A workers’ compensation lawyer can help you overturn this decision.

The attorney will likely help you obtain a comprehensive medical-legal evaluation to dispute the denial.

The next step is to file a Declaration of Readiness to Proceed form to request a hearing with a workers’ compensation administrative law judge. If a settlement cannot be reached, the judge will set a trial date and both parties will have time to prepare.

At any step in the process of contesting a denied claim, you can greatly benefit from knowledgeable legal advice, guidance and representation. Your attorney can assist with necessary paperwork, guide your case through the legal process and advocate on your behalf at the hearing and, if necessary, at trial.


RSS Feed